Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Art Museum Poll

Vote here on whether you think the Art Museum will be a BOOM to downtown bringing tourists and dollars to Roanoke City? Or will it be a BUST and suck money from Roanoke City taxpayers?

Will the Art Museum be named after Taubman as The Roanoke Times article "Couple give $15 million to museum" suggests - "The Taubman Museum of Western Virginia"?

CLICK HERE FOR The New York Times Sunday article on the museum.

Regarding my prior post "Looking Back 25 Year - Countryside Golf Course" - I am waiting for a response from Stephanie Moon, our Roanoke City Clerk for minutes of the December 1982 Council meetings regarding Countryside Golf Course. Belinda Harris, the Roanoke Times Librarian, is sending me clippings from the period as well. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help of good people like our Roanoke City Clerk and Belinda Harris.

No comments: