Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Disappointing...a Matter of Definition

The Roanoke Times ran an all-to-brief article on yesterday's incredible council meeting where a stacked deck of cards was put in place to deter citizen input.


"It's very disappointing to think that we have people who were so closely involved in this issue who are obviously so interested in being heard, but not so interested in hearing other people's ideas."

~Councilman Bill Bestpitch


Really? Disappointing? Disappointing? Does the councilman know what disappointment means?

Here's what disappointment means:

  • Finding out that your retirement plans have gone up into a foggy haze as your property value plummets.
  • Being promised time after time that your views will be considered only to find them flat-out ignored.
  • Being invited to the dinner but offered no utensils.
  • Being abandoned.
  • Experiencing broken promise after broken promise.
  • Constantly forced to face a loaded deck of cards and exposing the trick every time.
  • Listening to elected officials tell you one thing while eating your hamburgers and then watch them turn around behind closed doors and do something completely different.
That's what is disappointing. I'm sure others in the neighborhoods around Countryside could add more.






2 comments:

Tim said...

Greetings from your neighbor on Oakleaf Drive. You did a GREAT job getting the word out and I am sickened that we are left at this point. One of the selling points (to me) was that 4 years ago I was buying a house almost walking distance from a course my sons and I could enjoy together. Well you have lost more than me, but it still is ridiculous.

It's also ridiculous that our "Mayor" told me to my face he was committed to seeing golf at Countryside. Lame...even for him. I'd rather just be screwed than to be screwed AND lied to by my "Mayor".

Thanks again for being so vocal for all of us.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tim, my friend here, Newt keeps this blog up now. I sure appreciate it. He loves this golf course and the close community it and the pool and tennis building provided.

Valerie