Monday, April 7, 2008

Countryside Sliced Off By One Acre


It seems like such a small slice but I still say it jeopardizes the 2nd and 3rd fairways. No plan did we see - at least Mr. Nash grilled the Meadowbrook management and viewed the stakes placed on the boundaries. But in the end, the vote was 7-0 (unanimous) to sell the acre to Newbern, LLC, for $55,000. My request to have the $55,000 earmarked for the much needed improvements went unheeded. I gave it all I had but you know when a business "threatens" to move out of the City panic sets in on City Council and nothing else matters. We want the $55,000!

1 comment:

Newt said...

So much for public plans, public study, and true public comment.

This is a classic example of what needs to change when Valerie gets elected to Roanoke City Council.


It seems to me that if the expansion of the warehouse would not affect the play of the course, then the city should have supplied the proof in a plan to that effect. Where's the transparency in government?

Sharpening my trick "Michael Jordan" golf shot for use on the third hole in the near future,

Newt